Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Plateau Problems

We are coming up on the end of month 2!
 
 
While that is exciting, I have been stuck between 231 lbs. and 233 lbs. This plateau came much earlier than I anticipated it would and also came as a shock. I do however realize that for quite some time I was "slacking" the workouts. I wasn't pushing myself as hard as I needed to and on top of that, I have had a sufficient appetite decrease so I probably haven't been consuming as many calories as needed.
 
Now when I say "slacking" the workouts I don't mean not doing them all together, I mean doing workouts that weren't nearly intense enough for me. I am a former athlete and even in my current state there does seem to be such a thing as not intense enough. I really thought that given the shape I am in I would pretty much die while doing my walking DVD's. I was doing things like Zumba and Hip Hop Abs but I wasn't doing them to my fullest potential. I chose that path of workout options because they were fun to do and almost didn't feel like a workout. Now let me run that by you again, ALMOST DIDN'T FEEL LIKE A WORKOUT. So there was the problem.
 
With that realization I decided to pick up Jillian Michaels Ripped In 30. I am still in week one, tonight will make day 27. Despite this being an "easy" week, the 20 minute workout gets the sweat pouring. I am almost able to complete the entire workout without pause so I will take that small success!
 
I did slip up with my eating as well. I got sick one week and then got lazy again after that. I know a slip up is normal but I am still disappointed. I am now back on track though and feeling much better.
 
 
 
Have you experienced a plateau? What trick did you use to get over it?

No comments:

Post a Comment